Quantrix Feature and Improvement Requests

Provide feedback to the Quantrix team on application functionality and new feature requests.

Moderators: Els, Moderators

Postby Ashley » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 am

A final one I would like to add.... is it possible to 'lock' for editing certain ranges within a matrix? For example, say I have some monthly input figures such as revenue in various states. I would like my employees to be able to update the revenue each month, but once all the data has been updated, for those cells to be locked such that it is not possible to accidentally alter them in the future (unless you manually unlock the locked range). is this possible to enable some items in a category to be 'locked' for editing while other items in the category are unlocked? If it is not possible to do this naturally is there a workaround method maybe using scripts?

Thanks,
Ashley
Ashley
Quantrix Forum Member

Postby Brian Cabana » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your questions. It is possible using roles and permissions to lock ranges of cells specified by items. For example in the permissions tool pane, switch to user and unfold "Allow Interactions" and "Edit Input Cells". You can then deselect the Matrix. You can then specify particular cells that a user can edit by clicking on a row or column. You will see a check box appear at the bottom of the permissions tool pane that says "Allow cell edit: <range>". You check that button to allow edits of those cells.

When the user logs into the model as a User, they will only be able to edit those cells.
Brian Cabana
Quantrix Forum Member

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am

thanks Brian - that is fantastic that you can open up only certain items to editing and makes my model (which is getting large) far more secure.

Any thoughts on my other points in the post above??

Thanks,
Ashley
Ashley
Quantrix Forum Member

Minimized Models Displaying

Postby lyledp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Here's an annoying behavior that would be nice to eliminate.

Double clicking a model (e.g. on desktop or in a folder) to open causes Quantrix to display all models that are currently open but minimized. The result is one has to reminimize all the other open models.

Opening a model should only display that model.

Not sure if this is within control of the program - it might be a Windows behavior.

Q4.1, Windows
lyledp
Quantrix Forum Member

Something big

Postby Olo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 am

I propose introducing into Quantrix a new kind of matrix, which I would call "on the fly matrix". The main difference to ordinary matrix is that it wouldn't have the ability to store any data, even these from calculation. For the purpose of displaying, data would have to be calculated "on the fly". This matrix would serve as a subroutine during calculation, for every item within categories linked into it.
What is the need behind such object and what would be the consequences:
- the need I will describe on the example:
I have a database with financial contract and payments schedules, every 60 months long. I need to recalculate very specific IRR, and neither rate, irr nor xirr function doesn't suit this purpose. So I have to calculate it with painful iterations looking for proper rate. The size of the matrix is: 5 columns of data X 60 months X 80 iterations, which gives 24000 cells. For one contract! Hopefully I had only 500 contract to recalculate, so it limited the number of cells to 12 million and the size of the model to 33 MB. But if I had to recalculate 20 000 contract, that wouldn't be possible. I don't need 95% of data stored in that model. It only contains temporary data for calculations. Certainly, this is where scripting could be used, but not everyone knows how to write scripts and having a matrix is useful for debugging.
- consequences: Quantrix becomes even more powerful tool for data analysis and financial models. It expands into territories where now hard coding is required or sophisticated, dedicated software.
Olo
Quantrix Forum Member

Something Small

Postby RJH » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:03 am

A format paintbrush, like Excel has! It's a very small item, but enormously useful. Allows you to copy and paste format attributes from one cell to others.
RJH
Quantrix Forum Member

Postby Quantrix Staff » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 am

RJH - format painter is coming with the next release, later this year... in the meantime, you can right click and use the "copy cell format" and "paste cell format" options to copy a cell format to other cells...
Quantrix Staff
Quantrix Forum Member

Input in Cloud

Postby milo5255 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm

It would be a nice feature to have the ability to input a value (ie pct growth or Scenario Selection) and fave the model update.
milo5255
Quantrix Forum Member

Postby RJH » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 am

Quantrix Staff wrote:RJH - format painter is coming with the next release, later this year... in the meantime, you can right click and use the "copy cell format" and "paste cell format" options to copy a cell format to other cells...

Thank You!!!
RJH
Quantrix Forum Member

Add generalized logistic function

Postby kruanne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,

it would be great to have a built in generalized logistic function such as this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalised_logistic_curve

Thanks,

Anna.
kruanne
Quantrix Forum Member

Re: Quantrix Feature and Improvement Requests

Postby RLopez » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

A right-click menu option to "filter on selection" for both an individual or group of item values and category values would be a huge improvement to Quantrix usability.

Regards,

Rich
RLopez
Quantrix Forum Member

Re: Quantrix Feature and Improvement Requests

Postby RLopez » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

Can you either improve upon or write a new substitute function that substitutes a text string for all instances of the text? For example I have an account number that looks like this: 1-1-0010-001-000-0000
I want to remove all the "-" so it will look like this 1100100010000000

Using substitute: substitute(AccountNumber, "-","", 1) produces this : 11-0010-001-000-0000

To remove all "-" requires as many nested substitute functions as there are instances of "-".
substitute(
Substitute(
Substitute(
substitute(
substitute(AccountNumber, "-","", 1), "-","")
,"-","")
,"-","")
,"-","")

It'd be nice if there was another option or function that allowed you to specify to substitute all of the instances.

Regards,

Rich Lopez

PS see attached model as necessary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RLopez
Quantrix Forum Member

A Color EyeDropper tool

Postby S a u » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 am

QM must have a built-in color eyedropper (CED) tool. A CED tool will dramatically speed up and facilitate the creation of professional looking dashboards on the canvas. RGB color model QM obliges the modeler to enter 3 numbers per color. When working with gradient fills, it is not possible to select already defined colors in the previous steps of model editing; and these colors need to be manually entered again.
In the attached files I showed my vision of a CED tool implementation in the Format Toolbox options. A CED tool сan be placed on the QM's toolbar as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards,
SAU
S a u
Quantrix Forum Member

'Copy Selected Chart Axis Format' tool

Postby S a u » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:55 am

See, this is a combined chart made by me in the QM. It consists of five separate components. When constructing such charts, it is necessary to combine the axes of several individual components. For this purpose the axes of all its components should have the same formatting: fonts, thicknesses and color of lines and other attributes...
Imagine, QM has a built-in Copy Selected Chart Axis Format tool like the Copy Selected Cell Format. How easier and quicker the creation of such graphs will be in that case?

Also obviously, in the QM's Format Toolbox\Chart Axis lacks the Show Axis Ticks option.
Best regards,
SAU
S a u
Quantrix Forum Member

Previous

Return to Quantrix Feedback